Events and shows (including Duxford) in and around Cambridgeshire 2019Please Note: For tickets to all these events please contact the venue direct and not Highfield Farm, thank you.
All dates are correct at time of being placed on this website, please confirm date and event details for venue before making travel arrangements. Events may be cancelled or event dates may be subject to alteration.
Call visitcambridge.org on 0871 226 8006 or International: +44 1223 464732 for more information.
- Cambridge Arts Theatre - TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD - Mon 29 April - Sat 4 May 2019.
Set in the Deep South, Harper Lee's Pulitzer Price-winning novel sees racial injustice divide a small-town community. With integrity and compassion, lawyer Atticus Finch seeks the truth. His courageous daughter, Scout, brings hope to a neighbourhood in turmoil.
This utterly enchanting and timely production from London's award-winning Regent's Park Theatre captures the warmth, poignancy and magic of this best-loved classic.
- Cambridge Arts Theatre - THE HOUSE ON COLD HILL - By Peter James Mon 20 - Sat 25 May 2019.
Starring BAFTA nominated actor Joe McFadden (The Crow Road, Heartbeat, Holby City, and winner of BBC1's Strictly Come Dancing 2017) and award winning actress Rita Simons (who played the iconic 'Roxy Mitchell' in Eastenders), this world premier production based on Peter's own real-life experience, tells the story of the Harcourt family, who move into the house of their dreams; an old, dilapidated Georgian mansion that has been empty for the last 40 years. However, their dream home quickly turns into the stuff of nightmares as they begin to realise they aren't the only residents at Cold Hill...
Also staring Charlie Clements ('Bradley' in Eastenders) and Persephone Swales-Dawson (villainess 'Nico Blake' in Hollyoaks); The House on Cold Hill is a modern day ghostly thriller that will send shivers down your spine and make you think twice about returning home to a dark, empty house after the show!
- Cambridge Beer Festival Monday 20th to Saturday 25th May 2019. Jesus Green, Cambridge.
Welcome to the 46th Cambridge Beer Festival. The festival is the oldest CAMRA beer festival and one of the largest in the country.
- Cambridge Corn Exchange Wheeler Street, Cambridge, CB2 3QB Sunday 7th July and Sunday 8th December. Jimmy's brand new show contains jokes about all
kinds of terrible things. Terrible things that might have affected you or people you know and love. But they're just jokes - they are not the terrible
things. Having political correctness at a comedy show is like having health and safety at a rodeo. Now you've been warned. Please Note Over 16s only.
- Cambridge Corn Exchange Wheeler Street, Cambridge, CB2 3QB Thursday 23rd May. The Damned.
The punk legends, fronted by Dave Vanian, zip through their pithy catalogue.
2019 Duxford eventsIWM Duxford
Visit this historic airfield and museum of aviation history and discover the stories of people who lived and worked at RAF Duxford.
- Duxford Air Festival Sat 25th May and Sun 26th May. Experience the thrills in the sky above, and enjoy the fun on the showground below at the Spring Bank Holiday weekend Duxford Air Festival.
- Flying Legends Air Show Sat 13th July and Sun 14th July. Flying Legends 2019 is run in association with IWM Duxford. For details of this event please visit www.flyinglegends.com
- Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show Sat 21st and Sun 22nd September The Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show brings to life Duxford's finest hour as an important Second World War fighter
station defending Great Britain from aerial attack in 1940.