Events and shows (including Duxford) in and around Cambridgeshire 2018Please Note: For tickets to all these events please contact the venue direct and not Highfield Farm, thank you.
All dates are correct at time of being placed on this website, please confirm date and event details for venue before making travel arrangements. Events may be cancelled or event dates may be subject to alteration.
Call visitcambridge.org on 0871 226 8006 or International: +44 1223 464732 for more information.
- Cambridge Arts Theatre, THE WINSLOW BOY by Terence Rattigan Mon 26 - Sat 31 March. Having been expelled from the Royal Navy College for
stealing a five-shilling postal order, young cadet Ronnie Winslow's entire family are pulled apart by the repercussions of this charge. Set against
the values of 1910 Edwardian London, the Winslow family fight to clear his name or face social ostracism as the case becomes a national scandal.
Based on a real-life event, The Winslow Boy is a courageous and often delicately humorous window into the class and political hypocrisy of the time.
- Cambridge Corn Exchange CB2 3QE - The Bootleg Beatles Sunday 8 April The World's most famous Beatles Tribute band continues to draw critical acclaim from across the globe with their stunning recreation of the greatest songbook of all time. Tracing the Fab Four's journey through the sixties, every tiny detail is meticulously covered from costumes to authentic period instruments; from their witty 'Scouse' banter to their 'inflection perfect' vocal mimicry. Complete with a little help from their orchestral ensemble, this is a not-to-be-missed spectacular for 'Beatlemaniacs' of all ages.
2018 Duxford eventsIWM Duxford
Visit this historic airfield and museum of aviation history and discover the stories of people who lived and worked at RAF Duxford.
- Duxford Air Festival Sat 26 May - Sun 27 May. Experience the thrills in the sky above, and enjoy the fun on the showground below at the Spring Bank Holiday weekend Duxford Air Festival.
- Flying Legends Air Show Sat 14 July - Sun 15 July. The Flying Legends Air Show is organised and produced by The Fighter Collection, based at IWM Duxford.
Visit www.flyinglegends.com for more information.
- Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show Sat 22 September - Sun 23 September The Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show brings to life Duxford's finest hour as an important Second World War fighter
station defending Great Britain from aerial attack in 1940.
- IWM Duxford Photography Days. Each Photography Day is specially designed for entry level
photographers, but will also cater for enthusiasts who wish to improve their skills. Starting with an introductory tutorial on your camera's
functions and key settings, including some useful tips and tricks, you will take part in a practical indoor exercise using a static object.
After lunch in our Workshop Restaurant it's onto the Airfield for some exclusive photo opportunities using aircraft at IWM Duxford and a model
in relevant period dress, you can then put the skills for moving aircraft, as one of our partners take to the skies for your snapping pleasure!
IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire CB22 4QR
Friday 11 May 2018 to Best of British Photography Day.
Friday 15 June 2018 - Royal Air Force Photography Day
Friday 31 August 2018 - United States Air Force Photography Day
Friday 7 September 2018 - Royal Air Force Photography Day